Reading input piped from windows vim

Joined
Jul 22, 2010
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have a program that works fine on linux, which reads lines from VIM and modifies them before pasting back into the current file. I'm attempting to port this over to a windows XP environment. The program is having trouble with the "input_lines = sys.stdin.readlines()". Here is what the program looks like:

#! C:\python27\python.exe

import sys

## MAIN PROGRAM
def main():
input_lines = sys.stdin.readlines()
for i in input_lines:
print i

if __name__ == "__main__":
main()

#### END

Call it x.py. From VI I would use ":.,.+1!x.py" to run the script, but it just gives me the error "IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor". Does anyone know how to get around this? Or if it's even possible to do something like this using the windows version of VI.

Many thanks

Barry