Reading Mail attachments in asp.net

sweetyshiny23

Hi,

I have a requirement wherein the users would send mails with excel
attachements to a particular group id. I have to open the files read
the data and store the data in the database. The mail server is an
exchange server. Any pointers on how this could be implemented or code
snippets would be appreciated

regards
Shiny

Dominick Baier

maybe you should post to an Exchange group - there are libraries you can
use to access mailboxes (CDO or CDOEX - details escape me)...

Joe Kaplan

I'm pretty sure the CDO stuff can only be executed locally on the Exchange
box, so you can use it in a distributed approach directly. Unless this has
changed recently, the API that does allow remote access is the WEBDAV. It
is pretty unfun. As I recall, the Mindy Martin book is the one that really
explains how to tackle this (probably out of print).

A new world of pain awaits the OP. I send my sincere condolences. :)

Joe K.