    TIA,
    Wendell
    , Jan 28, 2005

  2. I don't have the machine, so this is untested but the HP web site says:

    HP ChaiVM 4.1.2 - Allows viewing of Java (TM) applets in Internet
    Explorer on the HP Jornada and provides developers with a complete
    runtime environment for integrating Java applications on the H/PC.

    In which case you should be able to run the webeq applet to display
    mathml, eg this example:

    http://www.dessci.com/en/products/webeq/interactive/viewerctrl.htm

    David
    David Carlisle, Jan 28, 2005

    "Required: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher...40MB free disk
    space and 32MB free RAM..."

    Seems a bit big. Does it take all that to read MathML? If a browser is
    XML enabled, I thought it just took the appropriate style sheets and
    fonts.
    , Jan 29, 2005
  4. writes:

    > "Required: Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.5 or higher...40MB free disk
    > space and 32MB free RAM..."
    >
    > Seems a bit big. Does it take all that to read MathML? If a browser is
    > XML enabled, I thought it just took the appropriate style sheets and
    > fonts.

    I think that's for the full math editing suite isn't it? The viewer
    applet is much smaller. If you just look at the page I mentioned last
    time it downloads on to your browser in the usual applet way. It doesn't
    really take any installation space.

    "xml enabled" might mean just having an xml parser, but you have to have
    some basic math formating capability built in to a renderer, eg for
    laying out fractions or stretching brackets around a matrix. Mozilla
    browsers include this but IE, even on the desktop does not and needs an
    extension. Usual recommendation is MathPlayer but that doesn't work in
    IE4.

    David
    David Carlisle, Jan 29, 2005