    sagar Guest

    how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port
    sagar, Jul 10, 2006

  2. sagar

    Chris Dollin Guest

    sagar wrote:

    > how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    > came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

    not topical here we deal with the implementation-independant parts
    of C find a newsgroup which deals with these matters for expert
    advice ps might help to use Captials and Punctuation in the
    conventional way

    --
    Chris "..." Dollin
    "No-one here is exactly what he appears." G'kar, /Babylon 5/
    Chris Dollin, Jul 10, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    sagar <> wrote:
    >how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    >came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

    Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Note that what is really needed is some kind of newbie-accessible note
    that tells them that, despite the name, clc is *not* about C in any
    tangible sense. That is, it is not about useful C, but rather, about
    theoretical, dogmatic C (and endless trolling and counter-trolling -
    which is the fun part). Too bad there is no way to get that message out
    to them in time.

    Useful clc-related links:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language
    Kenny McCormack, Jul 10, 2006
  4. sagar

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > sagar <> wrote:
    >>how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    >>came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

    > Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

    Can't discuss the /implementation-specific/ things here.

    > Note that what is really needed is some kind of newbie-accessible note
    > that tells them that, despite the name, clc is *not* about C in any
    > tangible sense.

    Just like any programing language, really - they're intangible for
    pretty much any non-metaphorical meaning of "tangible".

    > That is, it is not about useful C,

    Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
    an echuckle.

    > but rather, about theoretical, dogmatic C

    Actually, it's about portable, standard C: you only need dogmatic
    C for chasing postmen and grouse.

    > (and endless trolling and counter-trolling - which is the fun part).

    Admission is the better part of malour.

    --
    Chris "nonce" Dollin
    "Who are you? What do you want?" /Babylon 5/
    Chris Dollin, Jul 10, 2006
  5. sagar

    Bob Martin Guest

    in 685873 20060710 133644 Chris Dollin <> wrote:
    >sagar wrote:
    >
    >> how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    >> came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

    >not topical here we deal with the implementation-independant parts
    >of C find a newsgroup which deals with these matters for expert
    >advice ps might help to use Captials and Punctuation in the
    >conventional way

    Classic!!
    Bob Martin, Jul 10, 2006
  6. In article <e8tjv9$960$>,
    Chris Dollin <> wrote:
    >> That is, it is not about useful C,

    >Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
    >an echuckle.

    I suppose there are (at least) 2 ways to interpret the word "useful":

    1) Of value (to someone - whoever that may be)
    2) Of direct utility (to a real world problem)

    I do not intend to assert (the negation of) #1 (although I personally
    think said assertion would be valid).

    The truth of (the negation of) #2 has already been stipulated to by at
    least some of the "regulars", so I don't think there is any need to
    debate it further.
    Kenny McCormack, Jul 10, 2006
  7. sagar

    Chris Dollin Guest

    Kenny McCormack wrote:

    > In article <e8tjv9$960$>,
    > Chris Dollin <> wrote:
    >>> That is, it is not about useful C,

    >>Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
    >>an echuckle.

    > I suppose there are (at least) 2 ways to interpret the word "useful":
    >
    > 1) Of value (to someone - whoever that may be)
    > 2) Of direct utility (to a real world problem)
    >
    > I do not intend to assert (the negation of) #1 (although I personally
    > think said assertion would be valid).
    >
    > The truth of (the negation of) #2 has already been stipulated to by at
    > least some of the "regulars", so I don't think there is any need to
    > debate it further.

    I find your text above sufficiently opaque that I don't know what it
    means, and your offered choice of interpretations seems to have too
    much slack in it to be useful.

    --
    Chris "indiscrete irregular ivoried" Dollin
    "Reaching out for mirrors hidden in the web." - Renaissance, /Running Hard/
    Chris Dollin, Jul 10, 2006
  8. sagar

    Guest

    I though is very "nothing" to we thing about because you donĀ“t specify
    what kind of news you are ussing... But i will try to take a guess..
    IF, i did say IF, you are interested to read a regular newslatter, i
    can use you cell phone as a modem, and then you just will need to build
    a programmang with socket (great reference on: Unix network programming
    - BSD referentece (universal net lib)). So... i hope have help you..
    and have a nice trip through it!

    sagar escreveu:

    > how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    > came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port
    , Jul 10, 2006
  9. On 10 Jul 2006 05:28:59 -0700, "sagar" <> wrote:

    <Post takes Off Topicality to new heights - sorry too much to resist>
    >how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
    >came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

    Cause you are obviously almost done, this may be already too late.

    Anyway below are two programs which should almost[*] do the tasks you
    want.

    /* cell.c
    * compile and put the program into your
    * cell phone / came... something. Then run
    * the program note it expects your SMS
    * messages being files in a folder
    * "incoming_SMS_messages". You may
    * need to modify these parameters to meet
    * your local settings.
    */

    #include "tele3d.h"

    int main (void)
    {
    int x=0;
    time stamp1 =.0;
    time stamp2 =.0;
    barray *message = NULL;

    t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("incoming_SMS_messages",&stamp1);
    while(1)
    {

    t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("incoming_SMS_messages",&stamp2);
    if(stamp1 < stamp2)
    {
    t3d_read_file_Rbarray_CREATED_n_LAST(NULL,&message);
    x =
    t3d_write_barray_Rurl_CREATE_n_OVERWRITE(message,"C:\\temp\\SMS.txt");
    if(x < 0)
    {
    x= abs(x);
    t3d_write_int_Rbarray_ERROR_CODE(x,&message);
    fprintf(stderr,"Error writing SMS to comp: (reason
    %s)",message);
    t3d_create_BEEP();
    continue;
    }
    else
    stamp1 = stamp2;
    }
    t3d_create_SLEEP_n_SECONDS(5);
    }
    return(0);
    }

    /* END OF cell.c */

    /** BEGIN of compSMS.c
    * Compile this using GCC
    * and then run the program.
    */

    #include "tele3d.h"

    int main (void)
    {
    int x=0;
    time stamp1 =.0;
    time stamp2 =.0;
    barray *message = NULL;

    t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt",&stamp1);
    while(1)
    {

    t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt",&stamp2);
    if(stamp1 < stamp2)
    {
    t3d_create_BEEP();
    x = t3d_write_file_2MESSAGEBOX("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt");
    if(x < 0)
    {
    x= abs(x);
    t3d_write_int_Rbarray_ERROR_CODE(x,&message);
    fprintf(stderr,"could not write SMS to messagebox
    (reason %s)",message);
    t3d_create_BEEP();
    continue;
    }
    else
    stamp1 = stamp2;
    }
    t3d_create_SLEEP_n_SECONDS(5);
    }
    return(0);
    }

    /* END OF compSMS.c */

    [*] almost means that you will need to write the presented t3d
    functions - good luck.

    If needed, t3d language documentation is available at
    http://www.tele3d.com/t3d/language.pdf

    Juuso Hukkanen
    www.tele3d.com
    (to reply by e-mail set addresses month and year to correct)
    "t3d programming language" and the structure of t3d function prototype
    are trademarks of Juuso Hukkanen. (Currently discussing the
    transfer of those to a major charity organization).
    </OT>
    Juuso Hukkanen, Jul 10, 2006
  10. Chris Dollin <> writes:
    > Kenny McCormack wrote: