reading messages from cell phones

sagar

how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

Chris Dollin

sagar said:
how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

not topical here we deal with the implementation-independant parts
of C find a newsgroup which deals with these matters for expert
advice ps might help to use Captials and Punctuation in the
conventional way

Kenny McCormack

how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Note that what is really needed is some kind of newbie-accessible note
that tells them that, despite the name, clc is *not* about C in any
tangible sense. That is, it is not about useful C, but rather, about
theoretical, dogmatic C (and endless trolling and counter-trolling -
which is the fun part). Too bad there is no way to get that message out
to them in time.

Useful clc-related links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clique
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspergers
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C_programming_language

Chris Dollin

Kenny said:
Off topic. Not portable. Cant discuss it here. Blah, blah, blah.

Can't discuss the /implementation-specific/ things here.
Note that what is really needed is some kind of newbie-accessible note
that tells them that, despite the name, clc is *not* about C in any
tangible sense.

Just like any programing language, really - they're intangible for
pretty much any non-metaphorical meaning of "tangible".
That is, it is not about useful C,

Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
an echuckle.
but rather, about theoretical, dogmatic C

Actually, it's about portable, standard C: you only need dogmatic
C for chasing postmen and grouse.
(and endless trolling and counter-trolling - which is the fun part).

Admission is the better part of malour.

Bob Martin

in 685873 20060710 133644 Chris Dollin said:
not topical here we deal with the implementation-independant parts
of C find a newsgroup which deals with these matters for expert
advice ps might help to use Captials and Punctuation in the
conventional way

Classic!!

Kenny McCormack

That is, it is not about useful C,

Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
an echuckle.[/QUOTE]

I suppose there are (at least) 2 ways to interpret the word "useful":

1) Of value (to someone - whoever that may be)
2) Of direct utility (to a real world problem)

I do not intend to assert (the negation of) #1 (although I personally
think said assertion would be valid).

The truth of (the negation of) #2 has already been stipulated to by at
least some of the "regulars", so I don't think there is any need to
debate it further.

Chris Dollin

Kenny said:
Ah, the first post-lunch hysterically funny news posting! Permit me
an echuckle.

I suppose there are (at least) 2 ways to interpret the word "useful":

1) Of value (to someone - whoever that may be)
2) Of direct utility (to a real world problem)

I do not intend to assert (the negation of) #1 (although I personally
think said assertion would be valid).

The truth of (the negation of) #2 has already been stipulated to by at
least some of the "regulars", so I don't think there is any need to
debate it further.[/QUOTE]

I find your text above sufficiently opaque that I don't know what it
means, and your offered choice of interpretations seems to have too
much slack in it to be useful.

solariun

I though is very "nothing" to we thing about because you don´t specify
what kind of news you are ussing... But i will try to take a guess..
IF, i did say IF, you are interested to read a regular newslatter, i
can use you cell phone as a modem, and then you just will need to build
a programmang with socket (great reference on: Unix network programming
- BSD referentece (universal net lib)). So... i hope have help you..
and have a nice trip through it!

sagar escreveu:

Juuso Hukkanen

how to write a C programme to read a new sms from a particular cell
came to a cell connected to that computer through a usb port

Cause you are obviously almost done, this may be already too late.

Anyway below are two programs which should almost[*] do the tasks you
want.

/* cell.c
* compile and put the program into your
* cell phone / came... something. Then run
* the program note it expects your SMS
* messages being files in a folder
* "incoming_SMS_messages". You may
* need to modify these parameters to meet
* your local settings.
*/

#include "tele3d.h"

int main (void)
{
int x=0;
time stamp1 =.0;
time stamp2 =.0;
barray *message = NULL;

t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("incoming_SMS_messages",&stamp1);
while(1)
{

t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("incoming_SMS_messages",&stamp2);
if(stamp1 < stamp2)
{
t3d_read_file_Rbarray_CREATED_n_LAST(NULL,&message);
x =
t3d_write_barray_Rurl_CREATE_n_OVERWRITE(message,"C:\\temp\\SMS.txt");
if(x < 0)
{
x= abs(x);
t3d_write_int_Rbarray_ERROR_CODE(x,&message);
fprintf(stderr,"Error writing SMS to comp: (reason
%s)",message);
t3d_create_BEEP();
continue;
}
else
stamp1 = stamp2;
}
t3d_create_SLEEP_n_SECONDS(5);
}
return(0);
}

/* END OF cell.c */

/** BEGIN of compSMS.c
* Compile this using GCC
* and then run the program.
*/

#include "tele3d.h"

int main (void)
{
int x=0;
time stamp1 =.0;
time stamp2 =.0;
barray *message = NULL;

t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt",&stamp1);
while(1)
{

t3d_measure_filepath_Rtime_CREATED_n_LAST("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt",&stamp2);
if(stamp1 < stamp2)
{
t3d_create_BEEP();
x = t3d_write_file_2MESSAGEBOX("C:\\temp\\SMS.txt");
if(x < 0)
{
x= abs(x);
t3d_write_int_Rbarray_ERROR_CODE(x,&message);
fprintf(stderr,"could not write SMS to messagebox
(reason %s)",message);
t3d_create_BEEP();
continue;
}
else
stamp1 = stamp2;
}
t3d_create_SLEEP_n_SECONDS(5);
}
return(0);
}

/* END OF compSMS.c */

[*] almost means that you will need to write the presented t3d
functions - good luck.

If needed, t3d language documentation is available at
http://www.tele3d.com/t3d/language.pdf

Juuso Hukkanen
www.tele3d.com
(to reply by e-mail set addresses month and year to correct)
"t3d programming language" and the structure of t3d function prototype
are trademarks of Juuso Hukkanen. (Currently discussing the
transfer of those to a major charity organization).
</OT>