Reading MS Excel File from C++ Program.

Mukesh Gupta

Hello,

I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
Can Any body help me in this matter.

Mukesh...

Unforgiven

Mukesh said:
Hello,

I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
Can Any body help me in this matter.

This is a C++ language only newsgroup. You'd best ask this in a MS specific
newsgroup, microsoft.public.*

--
Unforgiven

"Not only do I not know the answer
I don't even know what the question is"
My world - Metallica

Michiel Salters

Hello,

I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
Can Any body help me in this matter.

Mukesh...

Write it in Excel as a CSV file. This is a simple text-based format
which can be read by std::ifstream. Each line of text is a row,
each ';'-separated string a field from that row.

Formatting etcetera will be lost, of course.

HTH,