    can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
    Can Any body help me in this matter.

    Mukesh...

    Mukesh Gupta, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Mukesh Gupta

    Unforgiven Guest

    Mukesh Gupta wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
    > can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
    > Can Any body help me in this matter.

    This is a C++ language only newsgroup. You'd best ask this in a MS specific
    newsgroup, microsoft.public.*

    --
    Unforgiven

    "Not only do I not know the answer
    I don't even know what the question is"
    My world - Metallica

    Unforgiven, Jul 3, 2003

  3. Mukesh Gupta

    Default User Guest

    Mukesh Gupta wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
    > can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
    > Can Any body help me in this matter.

    No, there is not. However, if you go to http://www.wotsit.org you'll
    find some interesting information on excel files. In particular, this
    may interest you, http://chicago.sourceforge.net/

    Brian Rodenborn

    Default User, Jul 3, 2003
  4. (Mukesh Gupta) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Hello,
    >
    > I want to read MS Excel(2000)file contents from my C++ program. How it
    > can be done. Is there any component as we have in VB(MS Excel 9.0)
    > Can Any body help me in this matter.
    >
    > Mukesh...

    Write it in Excel as a CSV file. This is a simple text-based format
    which can be read by std::ifstream. Each line of text is a row,
    each ';'-separated string a field from that row.

    Formatting etcetera will be lost, of course.

    HTH,
    --
    Michiel Salters

    Michiel Salters, Jul 4, 2003