Reading multipart/form-data From a Servlet (File Upload)

PythonAnimal

I was looking to get a file from a request object. I do not want to
use third party API's/Classes. I simply wanted to stream the
request.getInputStream() object or some other way. Any advice I
searched all through the groups with incomplete code or methodologies.
I simply want to pass a file to another servlet and then have that
servlet reads the files data and do processing.
Thanks in Advance!!!

Andrew Thompson

I was looking to get a file from a request object. I do not want to
use third party API's/Classes. I simply wanted to stream the
request.getInputStream() object or some other way. Any advice I
searched all through the groups with incomplete code or methodologies.
I simply want to pass a file to another servlet and then have that
servlet reads the files data and do processing.

Did you have a question, or were you just musing?

Ross Bamford

I was looking to get a file from a request object. I do not want to
use third party API's/Classes. I simply wanted to stream the
request.getInputStream() object or some other way. Any advice I
searched all through the groups with incomplete code or methodologies.
I simply want to pass a file to another servlet and then have that
servlet reads the files data and do processing.
Thanks in Advance!!!

Seems to me you could either use the HTTP PUT request method, or something
like Commons FileUpload to do it with multipart form data. I think PUT
would be closer to what you describe.