    someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
    Thanks.

    David
    David C, Jul 15, 2009

  2. On 15 Jul., 22:27, "David C" <> wrote:
    > We are building an intranet application where all users will have MS Office
    > and Outlook client on their workstations. There is a need to be able to read
    > the selected email or the currently open email via the browser. I am
    > guessing this would be done in ActiveX or something, but not sure. Can
    > someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
    > Thanks.
    >
    > David

    You can read emails without ActiveX, but you need to impersonate
    users. What version of Exchange do you have?
    http://www.google.de/search?q=exchange server asp.net
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 15, 2009

  3. David C

    David C Guest

    Exchange 2003 currently and Office 2003.

    David C, Jul 16, 2009
  4. David C

    David C Guest

    > On 15 Jul., 22:27, "David C" <> wrote:
    >> We are building an intranet application where all users will have MS
    >> Office
    >> and Outlook client on their workstations. There is a need to be able to
    >> read
    >> the selected email or the currently open email via the browser. I am
    >> guessing this would be done in ActiveX or something, but not sure. Can
    >> someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
    >> Thanks.
    >>
    >> David

    > You can read emails without ActiveX, but you need to impersonate
    > users. What version of Exchange do you have?
    > http://www.google.de/search?q=exchange server asp.net

    How do I impersonate users? We are using impersonation in web.config for
    file folder access. Is this what you meant? Thanks.

    David
    David C, Jul 16, 2009
  5. On Jul 16, 3:07 am, "David C" <> wrote:
    > "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    > > On 15 Jul., 22:27, "David C" <> wrote:
    > >> We are building an intranet application where all users will have MS
    > >> Office
    > >> and Outlook client on their workstations. There is a need to be able to
    > >> read
    > >> the selected email or the currently open email via the browser. I am
    > >> guessing this would be done in ActiveX or something, but not sure. Can
    > >> someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
    > >> Thanks.

    > >> David

    > > You can read emails without ActiveX, but you need to impersonate
    > > users. What version of Exchange do you have?
    > >http://www.google.de/search?q=exchange server asp.net

    > How do I impersonate users? We are using impersonation in web.config for
    > file folder access. Is this what you meant? Thanks.
    >
    > David

    Yes, so what version of Exchange do you have? For Exchange 2007 you
    can try to use new EWS Managed API

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-C66C-4971-9459-8D1DF1608C8B&displaylang=en

    The setup has some examples in the readme file.

    You can also use WebDAV or SMTP to get the emails
    Alexey Smirnov, Jul 17, 2009
  6. David C

    David C Guest

    > On Jul 16, 3:07 am, "David C" <> wrote:
    >> "Alexey Smirnov" <> wrote in message

    >> > You can read emails without ActiveX, but you need to impersonate
    >> > users. What version of Exchange do you have?
    >> >http://www.google.de/search?q=exchange server asp.net

    >> How do I impersonate users? We are using impersonation in web.config for
    >> file folder access. Is this what you meant? Thanks.
    >>
    >> David

    > Yes, so what version of Exchange do you have? For Exchange 2007 you
    > can try to use new EWS Managed API
    >
    > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-C66C-4971-9459-8D1DF1608C8B&displaylang=en
    >
    > The setup has some examples in the readme file.
    >
    > You can also use WebDAV or SMTP to get the emails

    We have Exchange 2003 Enterprise. You indicate that I can use SMTP to get
    the emails. Can you explain more about this or direct me to links for more?
    We are using the System.Mail in .net to send our email out via smtp server.
    Also, I have read some about WebDAV and have retrieved some info. However,
    some of our clients are moving to Google GMail and I will also need a
    similar solution for them. Can I assume Google has an API or something that
    I would use? Thanks for your help.

    David
    David C, Jul 17, 2009