Reading Outlook mail

David C

We are building an intranet application where all users will have MS Office
and Outlook client on their workstations. There is a need to be able to read
the selected email or the currently open email via the browser. I am
guessing this would be done in ActiveX or something, but not sure. Can
someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
Thanks.

David

Guest

We are building an intranet application where all users will have MS Office
and Outlook client on their workstations. There is a need to be able to read
the selected email or the currently open email via the browser. I am
guessing this would be done in ActiveX or something, but not sure. Can
someone help me find out how to do this? We are using ASP.net 3.5 SP1.
Thanks.

David

You can read emails without ActiveX, but you need to impersonate
users. What version of Exchange do you have?
http://www.google.de/search?q=exchange+server+asp.net

David C

Anon User said:
Yes, so what version of Exchange do you have? For Exchange 2007 you
can try to use new EWS Managed API

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...43-C66C-4971-9459-8D1DF1608C8B&displaylang=en

The setup has some examples in the readme file.

You can also use WebDAV or SMTP to get the emails

We have Exchange 2003 Enterprise. You indicate that I can use SMTP to get
the emails. Can you explain more about this or direct me to links for more?
We are using the System.Mail in .net to send our email out via smtp server.
Also, I have read some about WebDAV and have retrieved some info. However,
some of our clients are moving to Google GMail and I will also need a
similar solution for them. Can I assume Google has an API or something that
I would use? Thanks for your help.

David