reading pgm files

harryos

hi
i wanted to read some pgm files and get the pixel data.i believe the
javax.imageio doesn't support reading pgm files.So i downloaded
jai1.1 and am trying to read a .pgm file.

I couldn't figure out how to use the methods in javax.media.jai. Say i
have a pgm file at F:\images\myimage.pgm .How do i create a
BufferedImage out of it? can someone give me a code snippet to show
this?
thanks
harry