reading php/mysql data through xmlhttprequest

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by fool, Jan 8, 2007.

  1. fool

    fool Guest

    Dear group,
    I have tried for the whole week to get the following done. But all I
    face is failure. My task is to fetch data from mysql through php and
    display the fetched row in javascript with xmlhttprequest object without
    using xml. Directly using the open function with GET and POST.
    What I get is all the data are displayed. But I want to process each
    of mysql in the javascript with the help of xmlhttprequest object. Is it
    possible or I am going in a wrong direction. Any help is appreciated.
    Since I am a beginner I could not able to do more. If this is not the
    group then pls direct me.

    Following is the code:

    The .html file: (I did not chk for IE and onreadystatechange)
    ---------------
    <head>

    <script language="javascript">

    var xmlhttp, tmp;

    function start() {
    var row_0,row_2,row_1;
    xmlhttp = new XMLHttpRequest();

    xmlhttp.open("GET",'noxml.php',false);
    xmlhttp.send(null);
    tmp=xmlhttp.responseText;

    var mybody = document.getElementsByTagName("body")[0];
    mytable = document.createElement("table");
    mytablebody = document.createElement("tbody");

    for(var j = 0; j < 3; ++j)
    {
    mycurrent_row = document.createElement("tr");
    for(var i = 0; i < 3 ; ++i)
    {

    mycurrent_cell = document.createElement("td");

    currenttext = document.createTextNode(tmp) ;

    mycurrent_cell.appendChild(currenttext);

    mycurrent_row.appendChild(mycurrent_cell);
    }
    mytablebody.appendChild(mycurrent_row);
    }
    mytable.appendChild(mytablebody);
    mybody.appendChild(mytable);
    mytable.setAttribute("border","2");
    }

    </script>
    </head>

    The .php file:
    -------------

    <?php
    $user = "sathya";
    $passwd = "sathya";
    $dbname = "ajax";
    $conn = mysql_connect("localhost",$user,$passwd);
    global $row_0 ,$row_1,$row_2;
    if(!$conn)
    die("error in mysql connection".mysql_error());
    $db = mysql_select_db($dbname);
    $quere = "select * from product";
    $countris = mysql_query($quere);
    if(!$db)
    die("error in mysql db".mysql_error());
    if(!$countris)
    die("error table".mysql_error());

    while($row = mysql_fetch_row($countris))
    {

    $row_0 = $row[0];
    $row_1 = $row[1];
    $row_2 = $row[2];

    $_POST['row_0'] = $row_0;
    $_POST['row_1'] = $row_1;
    $_POST['row_2'] = $row_2;

    echo $row_0.' ', $row_1.' ', $row_2.'<br>';
    }

    ?>

    The .sql has 3 col

    Thanks for any help.