reading third party cookies

kesava

Hi,

How do I read third party cookies, i.e. cookies set by advertisers, on
a particular page? document.cookie seems to read only those cookies
set by the same domain. Also how do I read the domain of the third
party cookie? Solutions greatly appreciated.

Kesava

Stevo

Hi,

How do I read third party cookies, i.e. cookies set by advertisers, on
a particular page? document.cookie seems to read only those cookies
set by the same domain. Also how do I read the domain of the third
party cookie? Solutions greatly appreciated.

Kesava

I don't believe you can. Third party cookies aren't available to you
using any conventional script. You only get access to document.cookie
and that returns you the file and session cookies from the domain of the
page the script is running in. Those 3rd party cookies you're talking
about will have been set probably in an iframe, which you don't have
access to either.

Jeremy J Starcher

Hi,

How do I read third party cookies, i.e. cookies set by advertisers, on a
particular page? document.cookie seems to read only those cookies set by
the same domain. Also how do I read the domain of the third party
cookie? Solutions greatly appreciated.

Kesava

For security reasons, many modern user agents restrict domains from
reading third-party cookies.

kaysov

So, is there no way to identify what cookies are being set by
advertisements on a page?

Thomas Allen

So, is there no way to identify what cookies are being set by
advertisements on a page?

You could visit the page and see what cookies end up in your browser.

Thomas

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

kaysov said:
So, is there no way to identify what cookies are being set by
advertisements on a page?

Depends, as there is, for example, the View Cookies extension for
Firefox which would be written in JavaScript. Or you could parse the
source code of the referenced script resources.

Please learn to quote.

Pointed'There are always possibilities'Ears