Reading Web Feeds (RSS, Atom) in Ruby - Pros and Cons of Web FeedLibraries

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Gerald Bauer, Jul 15, 2008.

  1. Gerald Bauer

    Gerald Bauer Guest

    Hello,

    I've published a mini tutorial on how to read web feeds (RSS, Atom)
    using the standard Ruby library.

    Full article @
    http://rubybook.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/read-web-feeds-rss-atom

    I've also included a list of alternative libraries to read web feeds
    in Ruby. The lists includes:

    o Simple RSS
    o FeedTools
    o rFeedParser
    o Feed Normalizer

    Any libraries missing? Comments for a follow-up article on the pros
    and cons of the different web feed libraries or anything else welcome.

    Cheers.

    --
    Gerald Bauer - Internet Professional - http://geraldbauer.wordpress.com

    Gerald Bauer, Jul 15, 2008