Reading Windows ACLs from Java/Linux

cnei

Hello World,

I'm looking for ways to read Windows ACLs for files and directories
from a Linux JVM. I've seen references to jCIFS and jarapac when
others have asked the question, but looking into those options further
I haven't found any examples, APIs, or Javadocs that explain how to do
it.

Other sources I've encountered seem to imply the need to make such
interrogations from a file system that supports ACLs (like ext3) and
even then, minor incompatibilities could cause some errors. If that's
the case, I suppose that would make things tough for jCIFS and jarapac.

Does anyone have insight on how ACL access can be gained from a Linux
JVM? And if a package does not exist to do this, could someone clarify
the difficulties in doing so?

TIA!

-cnei!