    Can any one point me to a tutorial where I can learn how to open and read
    the .xlsx files?

    Thnx in advance.
    mavrick_101, Oct 8, 2008

  2. On Oct 8, 7:12 pm, mavrick_101 <>

    http://www.dotnetcurry.com/ShowArticle.aspx?ID=138
    Alexey Smirnov, Oct 8, 2008

  3. In addition to the advice from Mark and Alexy, you can also get to the data
    in another way. I am not recommending this route, as I think it is a waste
    of time, but it would be one helluva learning exercise:

    ..xslx is a zip file If you want proof, copy an .xslx file and change the
    extension to .zip. Then double click. See, I told you.

    This means you can use a compression library and open the .xslx file. You
    can then get at the actual data file(s) which are located at:

    {filename}.xlsx\xl\worksheets

    They are .xml files. For info on the schemas for Office 2007, start here:

    The easier way is to follow the advice already given. ;-)

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP, MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Subscribe to my blog

    or just read it:

    | Think outside the box! |

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Oct 9, 2008