Reading XML into datagrid with xmlreadmode.auto - link?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Kathryn, Jun 3, 2004.

  1. Kathryn

    Kathryn Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to read an xml file into a web page via vb.net. I am
    current using an rss format and reading it directly into a DataSet
    with the following command:
    ds.ReadXml("xmlfilepath\xmlfile.xml", XmlReadMode.Auto)

    Here is an example of an element in the xml file:
    <item>
    <title>Newark Valley Fathers Day Challenge</title>
    <description>Participating teams: U10, U11</description>
    <pubdate>5/25/04</pubdate>
    <dateofevent>June 19 &amp; 20</dateofevent>
    </item>

    That works great. The problem is that the user now wants to embed
    links in the description tag so pdf files can be linked to the U10 and
    U11 text. When I try to do this I get the following error:

    "The same table (description) cannot be the child table in two nested
    relations. "

    An example of the html to display the xml in the dataset is as
    follows:

    <asp:label Font-Size="Smaller" ForeColor="#00066" Font-Bold="True"
    Font-Underline="True" ID="Label1" runat="server">Event:</asp:label>
    <asp:label Font-Size="Smaller" ForeColor=#000066 Font-Bold="True"
    ID=Label6 runat="server" Text='<%#
    DataBinder.Eval(Container,"DataItem.title") %>'>
    </asp:label></td>

    Any ideas how I can get this to work? Thanks in advance.

    Kathryn, Jun 3, 2004