ReadWriteControlDesigner or ControlDesigner to be used?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by KK, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. KK

    KK Guest

    Hi

    I am developing a collapsible panel for ASP.NET
    now I need to provide a visual designer for the
    control.

    earlier, I created a designer for my control class
    by inheriting from ControlDesigner. but then
    at design time, it shows my control (with titles
    images etc..) but I can't add controls into it.

    I later figured out I have to inherit my designer
    from ReadWriteControlDesigner. But now, at
    design time, I get a panel where I can insert
    my controls. But I now do not see my other
    designtime html generated ( such as title and
    image of the collapsible panel)

    help is appreciated.

    KK

    KK, Nov 12, 2005