real easy help - no server cannot create ASP.NET

Robbe Morris [C# MVP]

Did you have IIS installed prior to installing visual studio .net?

Otis Mukinfus

Hi
I am completely new to programming and can't create ASP.NET applications
because

'http://localhost not found'

I know basically What this means but i need help to resolve it. Sorry if
this question seems to stupid to answer but, like i say, i'm completely new
to programming.
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thanks Robert

Check these two items:

1. Do you have IIS installed?

2. Is the IIS Service running?

3. Are you using XP Pro or Win 2K Pro? You must be running one of
them to use IIS locally. Otherwise I believe you will have to use
filesystem web design, which works fine by the way.

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.otismukinfus.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

Microsoft.news

Hi

Please check whether you have installed IIS service in your system. If not
you run the Windows installation in that choose Component installation
within that you check the Internet Information server check box.

Now it will install the IIS in your computer. Now you can install the .NET
framework as it will create the ASP.NET user account.

Bhuvanesh