    2 Give example of function overloading in real world
    3 Write the structure of switch statement.
    thanx

    dost, Jun 14, 2006

  2. dost wrote:
    > plzz give me the answer of these question
    >
    > 1 Give exmples of virtual func and pure virtual func in real world
    > 2 Give example of function overloading in real world
    > 3 Write the structure of switch statement.

    These are not questions.

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 14, 2006

  3. dost

    mlimber Guest

    Re: real life example

    dost wrote:
    > plzz give me the answer of these question
    >
    > 1 Give exmples of virtual func and pure virtual func in real world
    > 2 Give example of function overloading in real world
    > 3 Write the structure of switch statement.
    > thanx

    Plzz do your own homework:

    http://parashift.com/c -faq-lite/how-to-post.html#faq-5.2

    If you can't figure it out, I'm sure Google can help.

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jun 14, 2006
  4. dost

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Re: real life example

    dost wrote:
    > plzz give me the answer of these question
    >
    > 1 Give exmples of virtual func and pure virtual func in real world

    virtual int main() { return new int(0); }

    pure virtual int main() { return virtual int(0); }

    > 2 Give example of function overloading in real world

    void function(int x) { cout << x; }

    int y, b, q; char * x;

    // overloading function call
    function(y, b, q, x);

    > 3 Write the structure of switch statement.

    switch(test) {
    case 1, 2, 34:
    doX();
    continue;
    case 4, 5, 6:
    doY();
    continue;
    case else:
    doDefaultAction();
    }

    > thanx

    No problem. Make sure your friends get copies too.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 14, 2006
  5. dost

    red floyd Guest

    Re: real life example

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > dost wrote:
    >> plzz give me the answer of these question
    >>
    >> 1 Give exmples of virtual func and pure virtual func in real world

    > virtual int main() { return new int(0); }
    >
    > pure virtual int main() { return virtual int(0); }
    >
    >> 2 Give example of function overloading in real world

    > void function(int x) { cout << x; }

    > int y, b, q; char * x;
    >
    > // overloading function call
    > function(y, b, q, x);
    >
    >> 3 Write the structure of switch statement.

    > switch(test) {
    > case 1, 2, 34:
    > doX();
    > continue;
    > case 4, 5, 6:
    > doY();
    > continue;
    > case else:
    > doDefaultAction();
    > }
    >
    >> thanx

    > No problem. Make sure your friends get copies too.

    Laughing my *ss off.

    red floyd, Jun 14, 2006
  6. dost

    dost Guest

    Re: real life example

    actually this question may be stupid but it was asked me in
    interview.........they do not need code....but the example......
    thank you

    dost, Jun 15, 2006
  7. dost

    Phlip Guest

    Re: real life example

    dost wrote:

    > actually this question may be stupid but it was asked me in
    > interview.........they do not need code....but the example......

    Those questions are well below the minimum questions required to interview a
    C++ candidate. Of course some interviewers can just start with such
    questions, to prime the pump, but if you need to ask us about them then you
    should consider learning more programming before trying to get a job doing
    it.

    Oh, and redfloyd was laughing because Noah was trying to get you in
    trouble...

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jun 15, 2006
  8. dost

    mlimber Guest

    Re: real life example

    dost wrote:
    > actually this question may be stupid but it was asked me in
    > interview.........they do not need code....but the example......

    Please don't top-post. Putting your reply inline and/or below the post
    you are responding to is customary here.

    As for your interview questions, see this FAQ (particularly the
    sentence after "shame on you"):

    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/big-picture.html#faq-6.14

    Cheers! --M

    mlimber, Jun 15, 2006
  9. dost

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Re: real life example

    Phlip wrote:

    > Oh, and redfloyd was laughing because Noah was trying to get you in
    > trouble...

    Don't listen to these guys. Those answers are correct and sure to
    generate an optimum score on the assignment. These guys are just
    trying to throw you off because it is normally bad form to answer
    homework assignments here. You seemed like you had tried to do it on
    your own enough to warrant actual answers instead of smart ass remarks.
    Apparently these guys disagree.

    Noah Roberts, Jun 15, 2006
  10. dost

    Phlip Guest

    Re: real life example

    Noah Roberts wrote:

    > Don't listen to these guys. Those answers are correct and sure to
    > generate an optimum score on the assignment. These guys are just
    > trying to throw you off because it is normally bad form to answer
    > homework assignments here. You seemed like you had tried to do it on
    > your own enough to warrant actual answers instead of smart ass remarks.
    > Apparently these guys disagree.

    It was a job interview, not an assignment, so your trap still won't work.

    Nice try, though - and I'm sure we'll see it again some day... ;-)

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jun 15, 2006
  11. dost

    Sgt. York Guest

    Re: real life example

    Phlip wrote:
    > Noah Roberts wrote:
    >
    >> Don't listen to these guys. Those answers are correct and sure to
    >> generate an optimum score on the assignment. These guys are just
    >> trying to throw you off because it is normally bad form to answer
    >> homework assignments here. You seemed like you had tried to do it on
    >> your own enough to warrant actual answers instead of smart ass remarks.
    >> Apparently these guys disagree.

    > It was a job interview, not an assignment, so your trap still won't work.
    >
    > Nice try, though - and I'm sure we'll see it again some day... ;-)

    And if he came here looking for answers, I suspect he won't be employed
    as a c++ programmer anytime soon.

    Sgt. York, Jun 15, 2006
  12. dost

    Noah Roberts Guest

    Re: real life example

    Sgt. York wrote:
    > Phlip wrote:
    > > Noah Roberts wrote:
    > >
    > >> Don't listen to these guys. Those answers are correct and sure to
    > >> generate an optimum score on the assignment. These guys are just
    > >> trying to throw you off because it is normally bad form to answer
    > >> homework assignments here. You seemed like you had tried to do it on
    > >> your own enough to warrant actual answers instead of smart ass remarks.
    > >> Apparently these guys disagree.

    > > It was a job interview, not an assignment, so your trap still won't work.
    > >
    > > Nice try, though - and I'm sure we'll see it again some day... ;-)
    > >

    > And if he came here looking for answers, I suspect he won't be employed
    > as a c++ programmer anytime soon.

    I don't know...I make an ass of myself all over the Internet all the
    time and nobody has called me on it. Maybe searching usenet is a
    dieing art...using it seems to be...

    Noah Roberts, Jun 15, 2006
  13. dost

    Sgt. York Guest

    Re: real life example

    Noah Roberts wrote:
    > Sgt. York wrote:
    >> Phlip wrote:

    >>> It was a job interview, not an assignment, so your trap still won't work.
    >>>
    >>> Nice try, though - and I'm sure we'll see it again some day... ;-)
    >>>

    >> And if he came here looking for answers, I suspect he won't be employed
    >> as a c++ programmer anytime soon.

    > I don't know...I make an ass of myself all over the Internet all the
    > time and nobody has called me on it. Maybe searching usenet is a
    > dieing art...using it seems to be...

    Yeah, that sounded a bit like I was slamming the great talent that
    frequents this newsgroup. I really meant to say he should know the
    answers to those silly questions in his sleep before attempting
    employment in the field.

    Sgt. York, Jun 15, 2006
  14. dost

    dost Guest

    Re: real life example

    I dont need ur suggestion regarding my rivision....if u dont want to
    answer just...do not reply....
    and thanx 2 Noah Roberts

    dost, Jun 15, 2006
  15. dost

    Phlip Guest

    Re: real life example

    dost wrote:

    > I dont need ur suggestion regarding my rivision....if u dont want to
    > answer just...do not reply....
    > and thanx 2 Noah Roberts

    Dude, Noah did not answer your question. He wrote a bunch of lies to trick
    you, so stop thanking him!

    And don't write chat-style in forums that need more clarity, like this one.

    --
    Phlip

    Phlip, Jun 15, 2006