    everything but it just loose everything when saving ot the database, do
    i need a special component to be able to save the enter and tabs etc..
    Im sure i was able to do it before and it was easy.

    Franck, Jul 25, 2006

  2. Franck

    Mike Brind Guest

    Franck wrote:
    > Im looking since the begining of the week about saving the
    > enter(vbcrlf) from the html <textarea> to my MySql database, it save
    > everything but it just loose everything when saving ot the database, do
    > i need a special component to be able to save the enter and tabs etc..
    > Im sure i was able to do it before and it was easy.

    How do you know that vbcrlf is not being saved to your db? Is it
    because when you response.write the contents there are no line breaks?
    Are you replacing them with <br>?

    --
    Mike Brind

    Mike Brind, Jul 25, 2006

  3. Franck

    Franck Guest

    Mike Brind wrote:
    > Franck wrote:
    > > Im looking since the begining of the week about saving the
    > > enter(vbcrlf) from the html <textarea> to my MySql database, it save
    > > everything but it just loose everything when saving ot the database, do
    > > i need a special component to be able to save the enter and tabs etc..
    > > Im sure i was able to do it before and it was easy.

    > How do you know that vbcrlf is not being saved to your db? Is it
    > because when you response.write the contents there are no line breaks?
    > Are you replacing them with <br>?
    >
    > --
    > Mike Brind

    No no no, hum must be my english i didnt really mean that. Waht i mean
    is i use a html textarea, when i submit my form i submit to herself and
    save the data. In the database itself it doesnt keep the enter. Ive
    made a real quick program with vb6 inserting data from a multiline
    textbox and it kept the enter i did in and when i load up waht my asp
    page saved in my vbtextbox i really see there is no enter saved
    everything got wrapped

    example what i write in hte asp page :

    Hi this is a real

    Long

    test

    here is the result when i load it from vb :

    Hi this is a real Long test

    im lost why i cant make this basic thing work. i can program trought
    asp and control distant client but i cant format a damn textarea i feel
    pathetic

    Franck, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Franck

    Franck Guest

    Franck wrote:
    > Mike Brind wrote:
    > > Franck wrote:
    > > > Im looking since the begining of the week about saving the
    > > > enter(vbcrlf) from the html <textarea> to my MySql database, it save
    > > > everything but it just loose everything when saving ot the database, do
    > > > i need a special component to be able to save the enter and tabs etc..
    > > > Im sure i was able to do it before and it was easy.

    > > How do you know that vbcrlf is not being saved to your db? Is it
    > > because when you response.write the contents there are no line breaks?
    > > Are you replacing them with <br>?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Mike Brind

    > No no no, hum must be my english i didnt really mean that. Waht i mean
    > is i use a html textarea, when i submit my form i submit to herself and
    > save the data. In the database itself it doesnt keep the enter. Ive
    > made a real quick program with vb6 inserting data from a multiline
    > textbox and it kept the enter i did in and when i load up waht my asp
    > page saved in my vbtextbox i really see there is no enter saved
    > everything got wrapped
    >
    > example what i write in hte asp page :
    >
    > Hi this is a real
    >
    > Long
    >
    > test
    >
    > here is the result when i load it from vb :
    >
    > Hi this is a real Long test
    >
    > im lost why i cant make this basic thing work. i can program trought
    > asp and control distant client but i cant format a damn textarea i feel
    > pathetic

    Bah forgot that just find out my error, my replace wasnt at the good
    place
    ALL MY FAULT

    Franck, Jul 26, 2006