Real SOA implementation (at least Java AND .NET) example with SOAP, WSDL, UDDI

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by tomjbr.10216233@bloglines.com, May 12, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Where can I find a step-by-step guide that illustrates how to implement
    a SOA with Web Services (including UDDI !) ???

    There seem to be different definitions about what a SOA is, but what I
    now am looking for specifically is both the implementation transparency
    (platform independence, i.e. not just a simple java-java or .NET-.NET
    example) and the location transparency, as defined in the Service
    Directory pattern, which is one part of the Service-Oriented
    Architecture pattern (and the other part is the Architecture Adapter
    pattern which takes care of the implementation transparency) in the
    book "Web Service Patterns" by Paul B. Monday (that book only considers
    java in the implementation).

    To be more specific, I would like to see a step-by-step instruction
    (including configuration details, and parameters to comand line tools
    such as WSDL2Java and Java2WSDL) that describes all details about how
    to create a working example with implementation transparency (Java AND
    ..NET) and location transparency (with UDDI) as described below:

    (1) How to create one .NET web service (C# or VB.NET) and one Java Axis
    web service that both supports the same WSDL interface.

    (2) How to create a .NET client proxy and a Java Axis client proxy that
    can use the same client class/interface to easy switch between the two
    web service URLs created in step 1 above

    (3) How to install and configure an open source UDDI server (such as
    jUDDI) and then how to publish the web services created in step 1, with
    the same WSDL and a common tModel key for the WSDL.

    (4) How to use the UDDI API from both the Java Axis client and the .NET
    client to dynamically find the URLs of the published web services that
    supports the WSDL interface that was given a certain tModel key to
    search for in step 3 above.

    I have almost managed to do the first two steps, and have been able to:

    Invoke Java WS from Java client
    Invoke C# WS from C# client
    Invoke Java WS from C# client
    as described in the following usenet thread:
    http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=....231280.162480%40z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com
    But I have yet not succeeded to invoke C# WS from Java client by trying
    to use the same WSDL interface, since I from .NET will get the error
    message "Server did not recognize the value of HTTP Header SOAPAction:
    .."

    / Tom

    , May 12, 2005