Real-time monitoring

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Mehdi, May 18, 2006.

  1. Mehdi

    Mehdi Guest

    Hi,

    I need to monitor some of my asp.net application activities in real time
    such as when user click on certain buttons/URLs, and display them on a
    command window (Console App) on my workstation. I apreceate if someone give
    me some suggestions or put me in the right direction in terms of application
    design. I have thought of the followings:

    1. Calling a web service running on my workstation over the internet from
    web server, when a URL/ button is clicked, however this might slow down the
    page for the user as it has to wait for completion of the webservice call.

    2. Calling a webservice (running on the server) from my workstation. This
    calls are made based on the intervals (set manually), but the downside is
    that it won't be real time and it has to call database to get stats etc.

    Thanks for your time

    Mehdi

    Mehdi, May 18, 2006