Real-time monitoring

Mehdi

Hi,

I need to monitor some of my asp.net application activities in real time
such as when user click on certain buttons/URLs, and display them on a
command window (Console App) on my workstation. I apreceate if someone give
me some suggestions or put me in the right direction in terms of application
design. I have thought of the followings:

1. Calling a web service running on my workstation over the internet from
web server, when a URL/ button is clicked, however this might slow down the
page for the user as it has to wait for completion of the webservice call.

2. Calling a webservice (running on the server) from my workstation. This
calls are made based on the intervals (set manually), but the downside is
that it won't be real time and it has to call database to get stats etc.

Thanks for your time

Mehdi