real-time programming

Joona I Palaste

Nie rozumiem po francuski; prosze pisze po angielsku. Stokrotne dzieki!

Well, I understood that "francuski" means "French" and "angielsku" means
"English", but only because they're translated directly from the names
in the original languages. I gathered from the context that this means
"Don't post in French; please post in English. Thanks!" but I still
don't know what language it is. Polish? Czech? Slovakian? Slovenian?

Keith Thompson

i can change the program to read value every second or less , we can do
a lot of thing with a 50Mhz processor....

infobahn is having a little fun with you. You wrote "50mhz", which,
if taken literally, means 50 millihertz (i.e, one clock cycle every 20
seconds). You meant "50 MHz", or 50 megaHertz.

Keith Thompson

encore un trou cul qui se la pète, continue champion pis reste dans
ton newgroups à marde crisse d'américain

I'm not sure exactly what that means. Am I correct in assuming that
it's an insult?

Has it occurred to you that insulting people who are trying to help
you is a really bad idea.

Jens.Toerring

Well, I understood that "francuski" means "French" and "angielsku" means
"English", but only because they're translated directly from the names
in the original languages. I gathered from the context that this means
"Don't post in French; please post in English. Thanks!" but I still
don't know what language it is. Polish? Czech? Slovakian? Slovenian?

Looks like Polish - moreover, when you enter the "stokrotne dzieki" bit
into google all the hits with a country-specific TLD are for '.pl'.

Regards, Jens

Walter Roberson

:we use a MPC855T processor

:it's only 50mhz

:the variable are always used... every 3 seconds, value changes

Perhaps you could rephrase the question for us? Your original question
asked about what was "better", using a global variable or passing
the variable through a register. Could you clarify what you mean by
"better" ?

Also, would we be correct in deducing that you are not using a "hosted
implimentation" of C? That is, that the standard C library is not
generally available and that whatever OS you are using provides mechanisms
for getting the data that you need? Or will your program be performing
it's own I/O directly?

tehn yit chin

we have about 150 variables

i could post the code (about 1800 lines) if somebody want to give me
some tips

Not knowing anything about your code, I have a generic suggestion (or
a hack, depending on how you see it).

Perhaps, you could group all the variables into a struct, and pass a
pointer to that struct into your fuction. In this case, you are only
passing (usually) passing an address. It will definitely save the
operation on the stack.

Have fun.
tyc

Dan Pop

encore un trou cul qui se la p=E8te, continue champion pis reste dans
ton newgroups =E0 marde crisse d'am=E9ricain

Congratulations! ;-)

You have just voided and nullified your chances of getting any kind of
help from this newsgroup's regulars.

Dan