    browser.This has to be done on webform using asp.net(vb.net).i have seen lot
    of samples for windows form it is not applicable for webform.Do people have
    any previous exp.or any suggession in it.Reply to me.
    senthil, Mar 23, 2007

  2. Interacting with hardware is not one of ASP.NET's strengths (mostly due to
    security issues).
    Therefore another kind of application (perhaps windows forms or console)
    would be better for the direct webcam interaction. You can get more info on
    that here:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/coding4fun/hardware/article.aspx?articleid=912546&title=Look+at+me!+Windows+Image+Acquisition

    Once that app is copying the images to a public web server folder then of
    course it's fairly easy to display those pictures with ASP.NET just as it
    can easily display any image. If necessary, ASP.NET could communicate with
    your webcam app in various ways, for example through a common file/database
    or via .NET remoting or WCF, etc.

    --
    I hope this helps,
    Steve C. Orr,

    Steve C. Orr [MCSD, MVP, CSM, ASP Insider], Mar 24, 2007