    separate jsp , sql , servlet file , if possible tell me the detail
    process and name of some good companies where rate is cheap with good
    service
    focode, Jan 15, 2009

  2. focode

    Mark Space Guest

    focode wrote:
    > i have developed website at my home pc in netbeans IDE using J2EE and
    > mysql, and plan to publish it , if any one can tell me in what
    > format do the companies take this ,, will they require the war file or
    > separate jsp , sql , servlet file , if possible tell me the detail
    > process and name of some good companies where rate is cheap with good
    > service

    Depends on the site. Some force you do deploy individual .jsp/.class
    files, other allow you to deploy a full .war.

    I'm not sure what best, but here's one I've been looking at:

    http://www.mochahost.com/java.php
    Mark Space, Jan 15, 2009

  3. focode

    Lew Guest

    Mark Space wrote:
    > Depends on the site. Some force you do deploy individual .jsp/.class
    > files, other allow you to deploy a full .war.

    They had all better accept WAR files since that's what the standard requires.

    Javaâ„¢ Platform, Enterprise Edition
    (Java EE) Specification, v5
    Ss. EE 8.4:

    --
    Lew
    Lew, Jan 15, 2009
  4. focode

    Mark Space Guest

    Lew wrote:

    > They had all better accept WAR files since that's what the standard
    > requires.

    I forget the exact reason, but some shared solutions required you to
    deploy individual files because the way they were sharing the single
    container instance it would reset all wep apps, not just yours, if it
    had to unpack a new .war file (or something like that). The same
    hosting provider had, for a few dollars more per month, a private
    container that you could upload .war files to.

    It's just an extreme low cost solution. Hobby sites, mostly, I'd say.
    Mark Space, Jan 15, 2009