Real time web deployment

focode

i have developed website at my home pc in netbeans IDE using J2EE and
mysql, and plan to publish it , if any one can tell me in what
format do the companies take this ,, will they require the war file or
separate jsp , sql , servlet file , if possible tell me the detail
process and name of some good companies where rate is cheap with good
service

Mark Space

focode said:
i have developed website at my home pc in netbeans IDE using J2EE and
mysql, and plan to publish it , if any one can tell me in what
format do the companies take this ,, will they require the war file or
separate jsp , sql , servlet file , if possible tell me the detail
process and name of some good companies where rate is cheap with good
service

Depends on the site. Some force you do deploy individual .jsp/.class
files, other allow you to deploy a full .war.

I'm not sure what best, but here's one I've been looking at:

http://www.mochahost.com/java.php

Lew

i [sic] have developed website at my home pc in netbeans IDE using J2EE and

Mark said:
Depends on the site. Some force you do deploy individual .jsp/.class
files, other allow you to deploy a full .war.

They had all better accept WAR files since that's what the standard requires.

Javaâ„¢ Platform, Enterprise Edition
(Java EE) Specification, v5
Ss. EE 8.4:

Mark Space

Lew said:
They had all better accept WAR files since that's what the standard
requires.

I forget the exact reason, but some shared solutions required you to
deploy individual files because the way they were sharing the single
container instance it would reset all wep apps, not just yours, if it
had to unpack a new .war file (or something like that). The same
hosting provider had, for a few dollars more per month, a private
container that you could upload .war files to.

It's just an extreme low cost solution. Hobby sites, mostly, I'd say.