Really "BIG" class name wanted

Silvio

class U19 { public< A extends B& E& F>U19( A a ){} }
class U2 { public< A extends G>U2( A a ){} }

Good one, although my anecdotes took place quite some time before
generics. I admit that makes the reference to current Scala a but
misleading.

Any way, lifting methods to the omega object made even this impossible.

In short I was just trying to support the claim that super objects are bad.

Gr. Silvio

Silvio

I'm now building a centralised class for a whole lot of important
functions in a program I'm writing. At present, there are too many
"little" objects that are passed around to parts of the application.
E.g. there's a "PropertyHandler" from/to which properties can be read/
written. There's a global save/load object which can save and load
various types of data items. There's an update notifier so that
updates in one part of the application are sent to other parts of the
application, either end of which might be plugins. Rather than have
too many little object, I'd like to have one "BIG" object which stores
all the little ones, and has methods such as "getPropertyHandler()",
"getSaveLoadMediator()", "getPatchMediator()" etc. This will also
simplify my interface for Plugins.

But given the importance of this central class, I want a really "BIG"
name for it. I could call it "BigMediator", or "ImportantObjects", but
want a more impressive name. Just thought that calling it
"TheCentralScrutinizer" might work, as well as being a tip of the hat
to Frank Zappa. But particularly since this object will be important
for any future plugin writers, I want a really good class name for it.

Any suggestions?

I think from most responses in this thread a fitting name can be concluded:

public class MyMistake ...

Lew

"$" is generally (but not AFAIK mandatorily) reserved for internal class names such as those generated for nested / inner classes.

Gene Wirchenko

On 7/30/2011 4:24 AM, Martin Gregorie wrote:
[snip]
CentralScrutinizer should be reserved for a mongo monitoring class. How
about GrandWazoo ?
PileOfCoincidentallyCoupledStuff

"BigBallOfMud" is shorter.

I suupose, though, that makes your suggestion better, because it
is more descriptive of the situation.

Sincerely,

Gene Wirchenko