Really great Javascript Toolkits?

Peter Michaux

smerf said:
What is the best Javascript toolkit you have seen (free or not)?

When I started into JavaScript I was looking for a do it all library
that would smooth out the browser differences for low level common
functionality (events, AJAX, Dom manipulation). This type of library
doesn't really exists.

Avoid Prototype

Dojo is enormous and seemed pretty slow and buggy when I last looked.

Yahoo! UI seems like the best of the bunch I have tried.

People around here will warn that these toolkits are a bad idea because
they let you think you get something for nothing and none of them are
coded with the highest quality JavaScript practices. Also with
libraries, the idea is you trade development speed for larger download
sizes. I think Matt Kruse's front page's "Why Libraries?" section
contains a good argument for this. I haven't used Matt Kruse's code
enough http://javascripttoolbox.com/

Peter

smerf

Thanks!