    I have only Java Tutorial & J2SE API from www.java.sun.com
    Are enough?

    Lot of thanks!
    Guest, Jul 27, 2003

  2. "<- Chameleon ->" <> writes:

    > Basically I am newbie in Java. I know only the syntax but almost nothing of
    > the API.
    > But I have only one month to create a IRC Client with advertisements as Java
    > Applet...

    Um, it will take you at least one month alone to learn to use the
    language properly...

    > I have only Java Tutorial & J2SE API from www.java.sun.com
    > Are enough?

    You also need docs for the IRC protocol, e.g. read the two documents
    here:

    ftp://ftp.irc.org/irc/docs/rfc2810.txt
    ftp://ftp.irc.org/irc/docs/rfc2812.txt
    Tor Iver Wilhelmsen, Jul 27, 2003

  3. Tor Iver Wilhelmsen wrote:

    > "<- Chameleon ->" <> writes:
    >

    >>Basically I am newbie in Java. I know only the syntax but almost nothing of
    >>the API.
    >>But I have only one month to create a IRC Client with advertisements as Java
    >>Applet...

    > Um, it will take you at least one month alone to learn to use the
    > language properly...

    Which proves that Java is not suitable for your task. Whoever
    told you that you could learn Java in a few days? Java is for
    advanced programmers.

    Consider using Python instead. You can learn most of the
    language in 3-5 days, and there's tons of APIs out there.
    You might never come back to Java :p

    If this is for Windows, it's also possible to create native
    executables for Windows (don need no JRE).

    Bruce Eckel, author of "Thinking in C++" and "Thinking in Java",
    has plenty of opinion on Python:

    http://www.artima.com/intv/tipping.html

    See you on comp.lang.python

    -Manish

    --
    Manish Jethani (manish.j at gmx.net)
    phone (work) +91-80-51073488
    Manish Jethani, Jul 27, 2003

    Guest Guest

    > >>Basically I am newbie in Java. I know only the syntax but almost nothing
    of
    > >>the API.
    > >>But I have only one month to create a IRC Client with advertisements as

    Java
    > >>Applet...

    > > Um, it will take you at least one month alone to learn to use the
    > > language properly...

    > Which proves that Java is not suitable for your task. Whoever
    > told you that you could learn Java in a few days? Java is for
    > advanced programmers.

    I 'salut' you guru of Java

    > Consider using Python instead. You can learn most of the
    > language in 3-5 days, and there's tons of APIs out there.
    > You might never come back to Java :p

    Stop me ;-P

    > If this is for Windows, it's also possible to create native
    > executables for Windows (don need no JRE).

    They need it in java applet, so ...I learn
    Guest, Jul 27, 2003

    Roedy Green Guest

    Roedy Green, Jul 28, 2003