really odd problem with jar signing

Roedy Green

Just out of curiosity, I'd like to read, if the specified symptom in
connection with java 1.5 now rings bells of recognition for anyone here.

one more thought. jar/zip has attribute bits on members. There are
various compression algorithms. At one point jars were not permitted
any compression.

Examine such information with WinZip to see if there is anything odd.
time.
~ Tom Cargill Ninety-ninety Law

Andreas Leitgeb

one more thought. jar/zip has attribute bits on members. There are
various compression algorithms. At one point jars were not permitted
any compression.

I did check for such things already in the beginning. There weren't any
differences in the attributes (compression algorithm, internal and
external file attributes,...) between the "bad" file and the "good files".

As it later turned out, the misbehaviour is tied entirely to the full
pathname of that class file, and not to the contents or attributes of it.

Anyway, I appreciate your attempts to help.

Roedy Green

As it later turned out, the misbehaviour is tied entirely to the full
pathname of that class file

Do yet have any idea just WHAT about a name it does not like?

Roedy Green said:
Do yet have any idea just WHAT about a name it does not like?

Nope. Our signers have now upgraded their Java installation, and
the signing now works ok (no exclusion of single content files).

To any future reader, who may find this thread in a similar need:
Just dump that old 1.5 and use 1.6 or later for signing the jar files.