really simple form completion library/widget?

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Aaron Watters, Nov 9, 2007.

  1. Hi. I want to develop a "completing faceted full text search engine"
    demo
    using my Nucular full text engine (http://nucular.sourceforge.net).
    I'd like to
    add cute ajaxy drop down suggestions and stuff to the forms.

    I started writing my own javascript functionality for
    form completion which almost does what
    I want at 330 lines of well formatted code. I'd rather use someone
    else's
    if I could find an appropriate alternative however.
    The demo of the current "nuculus.js" completion widget is here:

    http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nu2.html
    [ code: http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nuculus.js ]

    It doesn't quite work right, I think. Can someone point
    me to something similar that is small and simple and doesn't
    require me to sell my soul to someone else's grand overarching
    application framework architecture... ?

    Thanks -- Aaron Watters

    Aaron Watters, Nov 9, 2007

  2. Aaron Watters

    Camo Guest

    Camo, Nov 9, 2007

  3. On Nov 11, 12:19 pm, TheBagbournes <> wrote:
    > Camo wrote:
    > > script.aculo.us framework has a function in
    > >http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Autocompletion

    > > ---
    > > Camocarzi - The art of web development
    > > Blog:www.camocarzi.com
    > > Labs:http://svn.camocarzi.com/public

    > http://extjs.com/deploy/dev/examples/form/forum-search.html

    Well, let's see. extjs has the wrong kind of license
    and scriptaculous in addition to being incredibly
    complicated and not clearly doing what I want has
    documentation which sucks^H^H^H^H^Hleaves a lot to
    be desired. Any other suggestions?

    I'm beginning to think I'll just finish what I started
    instead... [ http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nu2.html ]

    -- Aaron Watters

    ===

    Struts proved that sometimes it really does make
    more sense to re-invent the wheel every time.

    Aaron Watters, Nov 12, 2007