really simple form completion library/widget?

Aaron Watters

Hi. I want to develop a "completing faceted full text search engine"
demo
using my Nucular full text engine (http://nucular.sourceforge.net).
I'd like to
add cute ajaxy drop down suggestions and stuff to the forms.

I started writing my own javascript functionality for
form completion which almost does what
I want at 330 lines of well formatted code. I'd rather use someone
else's
if I could find an appropriate alternative however.
The demo of the current "nuculus.js" completion widget is here:

http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nu2.html
[ code: http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nuculus.js ]

It doesn't quite work right, I think. Can someone point
me to something similar that is small and simple and doesn't
require me to sell my soul to someone else's grand overarching
application framework architecture... ?

Thanks -- Aaron Watters

Aaron Watters

Well, let's see. extjs has the wrong kind of license
and scriptaculous in addition to being incredibly
complicated and not clearly doing what I want has
documentation which sucks^H^H^H^H^Hleaves a lot to
be desired. Any other suggestions?

I'm beginning to think I'll just finish what I started
instead... [ http://nucular.sourceforge.net/nu2.html ]

-- Aaron Watters

===

Struts proved that sometimes it really does make
more sense to re-invent the wheel every time.