Really stuck with subsequent web services call checkingusername/password

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by mazdotnet, Jul 28, 2008.

  1. mazdotnet

    mazdotnet Guest

    Hi,

    My next project is to integrate our order system (ASP.NET) with our
    parent company (JAVA) using web services. I've managed to get the web
    service authentication working by sending a username/password in the
    header using the code from the following URL. However, the username/
    password gets checked on all the subsequent calls as well which is
    redundent. I need to bind it to an object and use the object to make
    all the subsequent calls on the same .asp page (maybe a token). One
    method is to create an order, another to add the products all on the
    same page. I would really appreciate it if anyone could provide me
    with a sample code or point me to a site where I can see a working
    example on how to do this.

    http://www.keithelder.net/blog/arch...-Web-Services-With-Username-and-Password.aspx

    Thank you
    M.
    mazdotnet, Jul 28, 2008

  2. mazdotnet

    bruce barker Guest

    Re: Really stuck with subsequent web services call checking username/password

    web services are stateless, you need to pass the credentials on every
    request (its not redundant). some webservices will return a token to be
    used on subsequent requests, but most don't. you would still need to
    store the token between page requests because web pages are also stateless.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jul 28, 2008