    Thanks,

    Steve

    , Apr 10, 2013

  2. Re: Really throwing this out there - does anyone have a copy of myold Dancer web browser?

    On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:03 AM, <> wrote:
    > About... er, a few years ago (1994!) I wrote a very basic web browser called Dancer. My FTP site at Indiana is long gone. Grail is based on at least some of the ideas of Dancer (but not the code itself.)
    >
    > I'm wondering if anyone perchance has a copy of the code. I know it will not run in any recent version of Python; it's just for my records.

    Have you tried the Wayback Machine at http://www.archive.org/ ? They
    mainly crawl HTTP, not FTP, so it's a bit of a long shot, but if you
    remember the address you had it hosted at, it's worth a try!

    Alas, back in 1994 I wasn't doing much on the internet. We'd put
    together our own LAN by that time, but our uplink was over a modem and
    not shared to all computers. Wasn't for a few more years after that
    that I actually really got a usable connection, much less got involved
    in things like this. So I can't help any more than that, sorry.

    ChrisA

    Chris Angelico, Apr 10, 2013