    Larry Jones

    I've changed my mind, Hobbes. People are scum. -- Calvin

    , May 30, 2012

  2. Kulin Guest

    wrote:

    > The C11 Standard is now available from ANSI for $30:
    > <http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=INCITS%2fISO%2fIEC+9899-2012>

    (checking calendar for April 1st...)

    Kulin, May 30, 2012

    On Wednesday, May 30, 2012 10:44:42 PM UTC+1, Kulin wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > The C11 Standard is now available from ANSI for $30:
    > > <http://webstore.ansi.org/RecordDetail.aspx?sku=INCITS%2fISO%2fIEC+9899-2012>

    > (checking calendar for April 1st...)

    why?

    , May 31, 2012
  4. Rui Maciel Guest

    wrote:

    > why?

    My take is that some standards do tend to be extraordinarily expensive.
    This problem is made worse in those cases where a standard references N
    other standards and is impossible to comply with their specifications
    without following the specifications defined in countless other standards.

    In this case, this standard was being sold for around €200[1]. Being able
    to purchase the same standard for nearly 15% of the previous asking price
    may be a surprise for some.

    Rui Maciel

    [1]
    http://www.iso.org/iso/iso_catalogue/catalogue_ics/catalogue_detail_ics.htm?csnumber=57853

    Rui Maciel, May 31, 2012

    On Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:19:57 AM UTC+1, Rui Maciel wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > why?

    what I meant was "why check it's not April 1?". Is 30 USD very expensive orvery cheap to Kulin? Or is he just being a smart ass?