Rebase link tag in conditional comment

John

Hi there,

I've just been reading "ASP.Net 2.0 - Master Pages: Tips, Tricks, and
Traps" by K. Scott Allen (http://odetocode.com/Articles/450.aspx) and
discovered how rebasing works with URL's in link tags for external css
files.

My question is, does this also work for link tags enclosed within
conditional comments? eg:
<!--[if IE]>

<link rel="stylesheet" media="all" type="text/css"
href="css/globalMenus_ie.css" />

<![endif]-->

Thanks in advance.

John

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi John,

As for the link tag inside conditional comments, are you also using it
inside <head> section? I've performed a simple test and it seems ASP.NET
runtime can correctly rebase the <link>'s url (inside conditional
comments). My test is performed under VS 2008.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

--------------------

John

Hello Steven,

Yes it is inside the <head> section.

That's good news. Thanks very much for you help.

Best regards

John

Steven Cheng said:
Hi John,

As for the link tag inside conditional comments, are you also using it
inside <head> section? I've performed a simple test and it seems ASP.NET
runtime can correctly rebase the <link>'s url (inside conditional
comments). My test is performed under VS 2008.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

rights.