reborn ?

Charlton Wilbur

RH> I didn't know of this, but it is a perfect illustration of the
RH> fact that my point is perfectly serious (or, if you prefer,
RH> non-silly). This newsgroup would be the better for people
RH> being able to discuss such things rationally, rather than
RH> using insult as a substitute for thought.

It might be more useful to determine what element of the definition of
"IDE" you disagree on. By your definition of "IDE" Linux qualifies;
by theirs, the thought that Linux is an IDE is laughable. This looks
like a disagreement on definitions to me.

Charlton

Richard Heathfield

Charlton Wilbur said:
RH> I didn't know of this, but it is a perfect illustration of the
RH> fact that my point is perfectly serious (or, if you prefer,
RH> non-silly). This newsgroup would be the better for people
RH> being able to discuss such things rationally, rather than
RH> using insult as a substitute for thought.

It might be more useful to determine what element of the definition of
"IDE" you disagree on.

Indeed. Nevertheless, I can't force people to behave rationally.