Receiving an intermittent SecureChannelFailure exception

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Rob Epler, Jul 30, 2003.

  1. Rob Epler

    Rob Epler Guest

    We have run into an intermittent Exception being thrown on one of our
    webservices. At times (not always) when we send a SOAP request to an
    external webservice using SSL (hosted on a WebLogic server I believe) we
    receive a SecureChannelFailure exception.

    It does not happen every request, maybe 1 out of 5 times it will throw the
    SecureChannelFailure exception. There is not a great deal of information
    about this exception on MSDN, so we are at a loss as to possible root
    causes. What really leaves us scratching our heads is why the exception does
    not occur on each request.

    Any help someone could give would be tremendously appreciated - if there is
    a problem on either end of this transaction we need to know the cause or
    even a good place to start looking to diagnose it.

    Thanks,
    Rob Epler

    Rob Epler, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Hello Rob,

    Thanks for posting in the group. I am looking for somebody who could help you on it.

    Best regards,
    Yanhong Huang
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    !From: "Rob Epler" <>
    !Subject: Receiving an intermittent SecureChannelFailure exception
    !Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:10:32 -0400
    !Newsgroups:
    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices,microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices,microsoft.public.web
    services
    !

    Yan-Hong Huang[MSFT], Aug 1, 2003