Receiving Configuration Error, I've Never Seen Before

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rob G, May 21, 2004.

  1. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Hi,

    I am new to this ASP.NET thing and while going very slow, I am learning.
    Then I got a Configuration Error out of nowhere when I ran my project.

    I do have Excel as reference (but I haven't been able to use it yet).

    My project has been running just fine and I am sure I did something strange
    to make this occur, but I have no idea what I did. So now, all the work I've
    put into this, is gone. Well, I hope not.

    Any idea what could have happened and how I can fix it?

    Thanks so much.

    Here's the error:
    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: Access is denied: 'Interop.Excel'.

    Source Error:

    Line 196: <add assembly="System.EnterpriseServices, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 197: <add assembly="System.Web.Mobile, Version=1.0.5000.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
    Line 198: <add assembly="*"/>
    Line 199: </assemblies>
    Line 200: </compilation>

    Source File:
    c:\winnt\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\Config\machine.config Line:
    198

    Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine
    why the assembly 'Interop.Excel' could not be loaded.

    === Pre-bind state information ===
    LOG: DisplayName = Interop.Excel
    (Partial)
    LOG: Appbase = file:///D:/Data/Visual Studio Projects/Leadership
    LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
    Calling assembly : (Unknown).
    ===

    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.Excel
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/leadership/a3cd84a3/7db66cf2/Interop.Excel.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL
    file:///C:/WINNT/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
    Files/leadership/a3cd84a3/7db66cf2/Interop.Excel/Interop.Excel.DLL.
    LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///D:/Data/Visual Studio
    Projects/Leadership/bin/Interop.Excel.DLL.
    LOG: Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
    partial, or location-based assembly bind).
    LOG: Post-policy reference: Interop.Excel, Version=1.3.0.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=null

    Rob G, May 21, 2004

  2. Rob G

    Guest Guest

    It sounds like the error is resulting from not having the Excel Interop
    Assemblies
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnoxpta/html/odc_oxppias.asp

    I believe that article will be useful. Namely the "Installing the Office XP
    PIA" which are properly named "PIA" ;)

    Hope this helps

    Guest, May 22, 2004

  3. Rob G

    Rob G Guest

    Thanks for the info.

    I was able to remove the reference and it seems to be working OK right now.

    I will still walk through the article you sent as I am sure to learn
    something new.

    Thanks again.

    Rob G, May 24, 2004