Receiving emails with attachments

tomer.ha

Hi there,

I'm new to Perl, but know other scripting and programming languages. I
want to develop a script which will receive emails with attachments
from my POP3 account, perform certain actions on it and email it back
to someone else.

However, I'm not familiar with any Perl library which does it. Could
you a guide me to a relevant library which can handle emails?

Thanks in advance. :)

Matt Garrish

Hi there,

I'm new to Perl, but know other scripting and programming languages. I
want to develop a script which will receive emails with attachments
from my POP3 account, perform certain actions on it and email it back
to someone else.

However, I'm not familiar with any Perl library which does it. Could
you a guide me to a relevant library which can handle emails?

Net::pOP3 and Net::SMTP are the obvious. You should really do this kind of
research yourself, though: http://search.cpan.org

Matt

Brian McCauley

Matt said:
Net::pOP3 and Net::SMTP are the obvious. You should really do this kind of
research yourself, though: http://search.cpan.org

Those are for communicating with the servers. For manipulating mail
messages then modules with Mail in the name may be a better starting
point. And if you are interested in attachements (which these days
probably means MIME encoding) then I'd suggest looking at ones with
MIME in their names too.