    values of other drop down lists. This page works fine in VS 2003, and
    the other pages with similar controls are posting back fine in 2005.

    Has anyone else encountered this? Does anyone know what is causing it?

    DCC700, Aug 9, 2006

  2. DCC700

    DCC700 Guest

    I resolved a similar error in VS 2003 where I was getting a web page
    error 'Expected;' and ddl postbacks were not working. This problem was
    due to the fact that I was assigning a client script to one of the ddls
    but it was also set to autopostback so the generated onChange included a
    call to my function as well as the postback call that .Net includes with
    no semicolon separating the two commands. It looked something like:
    onChange="myscript()__doPostBack(eventTarget, eventArgument)"

    This was resolved by disabling the auto postback for the control.

    I haven't gotten back to this issue yet, but I am wondering if the
    answer could be similar.

    DCC700, Dec 14, 2006