    its exe file directly from the Internet. Googling it gives me lots of
    confusing information. Thanks in advance for your help.

    JD

    JD, Apr 29, 2009

    Here is the link from SourceForge: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/recode.htm

    InfoJunkie777, Apr 30, 2009

  3. On Apr 30, 2:40 pm, "JD" <> wrote:
    > "InfoJunkie777" <> wrote in message

    > On Apr 28, 11:03 pm, "JD" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    > > Can someone kindly show me where I can download recode 3.6 win32 package?
    > > downloaded its source file but had troubles to compile it. So I would get
    > > its exe file directly from the Internet. Googling it gives me lots of
    > > confusing information. Thanks in advance for your help.

    > > JD

    > Here is the link from SourceForge:http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/packages/recode.htm
    >
    > Yes, I did follow that link and then visit GNU win32 download page below.
    > The thing was that I searched the page for recode but found nothing.  Maybe
    > recode is included in some package.  I am unfamiliar with GNU.  Could
    > someone tell me which package recode is included in?  Any further help is
    > much appreciated.  JD
    >
    > http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=23617

    My bad ... sorry. The links are very confusing. And circular.
    Apparently it is basically a conversion tool used to translate
    character sets in a development setting (varieties of C). The Win32
    package is NOT listed, as the link says. I looked for it elsewhere,
    but can only find Linux files (originally developed for Linux - GNU,
    duh! I only checked out the first pages of results for Google with
    the string "recode 3.8, windows 32".

    Hope you find it.

    InfoJunkie777, Apr 30, 2009