    the descriptions are usually too incomplete to be useful.

    Can anyone recommend to me a good, sophisticated blog written in ASP/VBScript?

    Thanks!

    Toni, Aug 16, 2009

  2. "Toni" <> wrote in
    news:#:

    > I've browsed some ASP directories such as aspin.com looking for an
    > ASP-based blog, but the descriptions are usually too incomplete to be
    > useful.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend to me a good, sophisticated blog written in
    > ASP/VBScript?

    AspFaq used to be one of the best sites out there. I am not sure if it is
    still live, however, as Aaron is now a SQL Server MVP.

    Unfortunately, much of the blogging has dried up for traditional ASP. If
    you are looking at ASP.NET, I can give you tons of sites to look at, but
    classic ASP is a dying art form.

    Peace and Grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Aug 19, 2009

  3. Toni

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Gregory A. Beamer wrote:
    > "Toni" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I've browsed some ASP directories such as aspin.com looking for an
    >> ASP-based blog, but the descriptions are usually too incomplete to be
    >> useful.
    >>
    >> Can anyone recommend to me a good, sophisticated blog written in
    >> ASP/VBScript?

    > AspFaq used to be one of the best sites out there. I am not sure if
    > it is still live, however, as Aaron is now a SQL Server MVP.
    >
    > Unfortunately, much of the blogging has dried up for traditional ASP.
    > If you are looking at ASP.NET, I can give you tons of sites to look
    > at, but classic ASP is a dying art form.

    I may be wrong, but I think Toni wants pre-packaged blog software
    written using classic ASP that can be installed on her website.
    I can't answer the question beyond sending her(?) to google.

    If what she wants is a reference site, ASPFAQ is still there, although
    no longer owned by Aaron.
    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows

    Bob Barrows, Aug 19, 2009
  4. Toni

    Toni Guest

    "Gregory A. Beamer"wrote...
    :
    > Unfortunately, much of the blogging has dried up for traditional ASP. If
    > you are looking at ASP.NET, I can give you tons of sites to look at, but
    > classic ASP is a dying art form.

    ASP.NET software is my second choice, but if you can recommend some blog software
    written in ASP.NET, that would be great.

    BTW, I've looked at using Wordpress, and although it's sophisticated, it appears to be
    waaaaaay too clunky for me. If the blog software is written in ASP or ASP.NET, I can
    manage the code myself.

    Toni

    Toni, Aug 21, 2009
  5. "Toni" <> wrote in

    > "Gregory A. Beamer"wrote...
    >:
    >> Unfortunately, much of the blogging has dried up for traditional ASP.
    >> If you are looking at ASP.NET, I can give you tons of sites to look
    >> at, but classic ASP is a dying art form.

    > ASP.NET software is my second choice, but if you can recommend some
    > blog software written in ASP.NET, that would be great.
    >
    > BTW, I've looked at using Wordpress, and although it's sophisticated,
    > it appears to be waaaaaay too clunky for me. If the blog software is
    > written in ASP or ASP.NET, I can manage the code myself.

    There are a couple of good projects on codeplex. DasBlog is one,
    although it is a bit too XML for those wanting to store entries in a
    database. BlogEngine.NET is also nice, if you want your site to
    essentially be a blog (serving other purposes is a bit tricky).

    If you are willing to go completely "modern" and bite off the MVC candy
    bar, there is Oxite.

    Here is a search page with a list of projects:
    http://www.codeplex.com/site/search?projectSearchText=blog

    All are open source.

    peace and grace,

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Twitter: @gbworld

    My vacation and childhood cancer awareness site:
    http://www.crazycancertour.com

    | Think outside the box! |

    Gregory A. Beamer, Sep 21, 2009
  6. Toni