recommend a good book

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by daveyand, Oct 24, 2006.

  1. daveyand

    daveyand Guest

    Hey Guys,

    I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
    any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
    thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.

    So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
    grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
    More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
    something.

    There are so many on amazon i wouldnt know where to begin, there is a
    dom and JS book which i am thinking of getting too
    (http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOM-Scripti...bowtega_3/203-6949209-9131108?ie=UTF8&s=books)
    anyone have much to say about it?

    Any help would be massively appreciated.

    Cheers

    Andy

    daveyand, Oct 24, 2006

  2. daveyand

    Randy Webb Guest

    daveyand said the following on 10/24/2006 8:55 AM:
    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
    > any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
    > thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.
    >
    > So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
    > grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
    > More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
    > something.

    Did you try the group FAQ? It only recommends one book.

    --
    Randy
    Chance Favors The Prepared Mind

    Randy Webb, Oct 24, 2006

  3. daveyand

    Erwin Moller Guest

    daveyand wrote:

    > Hey Guys,
    >
    > I find myself using JS more and more but i find it difficult to find
    > any better ways to do things or at least ways to do stuff that i havent
    > thought of. Esp now with this AJAX milarky.
    >
    > So can anyone recommend a good JS book, assume that i have a good
    > grounding in the language so not really looking for a idiots guide.
    > More of an intermediate with references and maybe some tutorials or
    > something.
    >
    > There are so many on amazon i wouldnt know where to begin, there is a
    > dom and JS book which i am thinking of getting too

    (http://www.amazon.co.uk/DOM-Scripti...bowtega_3/203-6949209-9131108?ie=UTF8&s=books)
    > anyone have much to say about it?
    >
    > Any help would be massively appreciated.
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > Andy

    Hi,

    Get "JavaScript, the Definitive Guide" By O'Reilly.
    5th edition if possible.

    It is the best book I know of to learn JavaScript.
    Some people in here used to comment on it slightly different with: "The
    least bad book" on JavaScript. ;-)

    Regards,
    Erwin Moller

    Erwin Moller, Oct 24, 2006