recommend an advanced java book

steven acer

hello,
i'm not that new to java because i know all the concepts and all
but i have reached a point where i need to move forward, so i feel i
need a good book -a bit advanced not too much- to progress.
I don't have my mind set on a specific aspect of java , i know java is
a huge world, what i'm looking for is an all in all book , maybe later
i can focus on one topic at a time.
thanks,
Merry Christmas to y'all

RedGrittyBrick

steven said:
hello,
i'm not that new to java because i know all the concepts and all
but i have reached a point where i need to move forward, so i feel i
need a good book -a bit advanced not too much- to progress.
I don't have my mind set on a specific aspect of java , i know java is
a huge world, what i'm looking for is an all in all book , maybe later
i can focus on one topic at a time.
thanks,
Merry Christmas to y'all

Please don't multipost!

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

Greg R. Broderick

hello,
i'm not that new to java because i know all the concepts and all
but i have reached a point where i need to move forward, so i feel i
need a good book -a bit advanced not too much- to progress.
I don't have my mind set on a specific aspect of java , i know java is
a huge world, what i'm looking for is an all in all book , maybe later
i can focus on one topic at a time.

"Effective Java" by Joshua Bloch (high-intermediate level)

Greg R. Broderick (e-mail address removed)

A. Top posters.

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Arne_Vajh=F8j?=

steven said:
i'm not that new to java because i know all the concepts and all
but i have reached a point where i need to move forward, so i feel i
need a good book -a bit advanced not too much- to progress.
I don't have my mind set on a specific aspect of java , i know java is
a huge world, what i'm looking for is an all in all book , maybe later
i can focus on one topic at a time.

Are you sure that you need a Java book ?

In my experience, when people are capable of writing a
Java program that compiles and solves the problem but
are interested in finding the best solution, then they
do not need a Java book but instead need a book in
general OO A/D/P and patterns.

Arne