Recommend an AJAX autocomplete component, cost $50

Guest

And I'd recommend that the fastest way to get IGNORED is to post an
advertisement on a C# language newsgroup. A link in your post signature would
be acceptable, provided your message itself is not spam.

Get with the "Netiquette".

Thanks,
Peter

gerry

wow, i'm surpised the local usenet cop John T Free hasn't jumped all over
this one

:-|

Juan T. Llibre

I'll take that as a direct reference to me.

The difference, Gerry, is that a response to a *question*,
to which your, or a, component is the answer, is OK...as a link.

That is, vastly, different, than unrequited SPAM.

I'm not a "usenet cop", btw.
I'm trying to keep this newsgroup focused on its intended purpose.

I *report* SPAM, so it's deleted...and I frown on personal jabs,
because they distract us from what we should be doing here :

helping our peers solve their *technical* problems, in a spam-free environment.

Please review the section named "Rules of Conduct" for the Microsoft newsgroups :

I'm sure that -after you read it- you'll understand better what it is we're here for.

gerry

at the risk of this post pushing the group over its noise threshhold - a few
comments

yesterday you knocked a person for posting a valid response to a request for
some web site examples as "spam" stating that it added to the noise on the
group. imo your post plus the 2 followups to it were the real noise, instead
of his one valid response we have now seen an additional 6 garbage posts ( 3
there and 3 here ) that are in no way related to "helping our peers solve
their *technical* problems, in a spam-free environment." , your post didn't
help solve any problems and simply increased the noise.

oddly enough you don't seem to think that a post advertising a commercial
product is spam and worth wrist slapping over.

this wasn't a prticularly personal attack, I find any self-appointed
newsgroup flatfoots to be extremely annoying , you just happened to be the
one that stood out at the time.

Gerry

Juan T. Llibre said:
I'll take that as a direct reference to me.

The difference, Gerry, is that a response to a *question*,
to which your, or a, component is the answer, is OK...as a link.

That is, vastly, different, than unrequited SPAM.

exactly my point - why was this blatant advertisement for a commercial
product not subject to your censure whereas a valid response containing a
few links ( as requested ) was ?
I'm not a "usenet cop", btw.
I'm trying to keep this newsgroup focused on its intended purpose.

and you were appointed to this position by whom ?
I *report* SPAM, so it's deleted...

there is a big difference between reporting spam and replying to the group
to ensure that the bad little kiddies know how naughty they have been.
and I frown on personal jabs,
because they distract us from what we should be doing here :

censuring other posters ?
helping our peers solve their *technical* problems, in a spam-free environment.

Please review the section named "Rules of Conduct" for the Microsoft newsgroups :

I'm sure that -after you read it- you'll understand better what it is
we're here for

hmmm , I don't see any mention of personal notes of censure being on topic
for this or any group.