    * Supports ASP, ColdFusion, dot NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
    * Supports Internet Explorer, FireFox, Mozilla, Camino, Konqueror,
    Opera. (Safari support in progress)

    Cheng Guangnan, Jun 13, 2006

  2. Cheng Guangnan

    Guest

    Cheng Guangnan wrote:
    > Just have a look at the screencast: http://capxous.com/screencast/
    > there is a 160kb flash demo.
    >
    > :)
    >
    > CAPXOUS.AutoComplete is a handy AJAX auto complete component.
    >
    > Developers could build their own Area Code auto complete, Group Code
    > auto complete, Material Code auto complete ... with ease! It's
    > specially easy to use!
    >
    > * The latest version is 0.9.2.
    > * Formerly named AutoAssist.
    > * Supports Pagination, Page Up, Page Down.
    > * Supports ASP, ColdFusion, dot NET, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby
    > * Supports Internet Explorer, FireFox, Mozilla, Camino, Konqueror,
    > Opera. (Safari support in progress)

    alternatively, buy a copy of the book 'DHTML Utopia' and get a code
    example you can change yourself which does this, plus the rest of the
    book.

    , Jun 13, 2006

  3. I have read some book and tutorial about ajax autocomplete, but they
    are so basic.

    A lot of book teach Operate System, but rarely somebody buy a book and
    start build a Windows.

    Is there any book covered race-condition issue in ajax autocomplete?

    for example, two request were send to the server.
    first --> /q=hell
    second --> /q=hello wo

    but the second request returned first and the first request return
    after that.

    :)

    Book is good! Compare to read a AJAX book, CAPXOUS is better in

    * robust
    * dont want detail
    * effective

    :)

    Cheng Guangnan, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Somebody challenge me why they should pay $50 as they have free
    alternative!

    See it then you will understand.

    http://capxous.com/scriptaculo.htm

    *This is not a screencast of my demo!!*

    "it's a popular open source project script.aculo.us"

    Cheng Guangnan, Jun 15, 2006