    Your help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

    Many thanks
    T.
    junior, Oct 11, 2004

  2. junior

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 11 Oct 2004 03:40:08 -0700, (junior)
    wrote:

    >Does anyone know of any excellent intoduction course to Javascript?

    No, I've heard of lots of really crap introduction courses to
    javascript in London. Is this something you want to take so as to add
    the skill to your armoury, or is it something that your employer wants
    you to learn? If it's the first, and its your own money, I
    definately would say no, don't bother. If it's an employers, it may
    be worthwhile on a course, but don't "trust" everything you hear, much
    will be bad (javascript is badly taught, badly written about in books
    - and in general badly written of course.)

    Think hard about what you're taught.

    >In London would be ideal. I've looked at various places but don't
    >really know if i'm looking at the right stuff and if its stuff i need
    >to know (too advanced etc)

    Well, what do you need to know? :)

    Cheers,

    Jim.
    Jim Ley, Oct 11, 2004

  3. junior

    junior Guest

    Thanks for the reply Jim.

    It's my companys money :) They are very keen on me learning JS and a
    course in LOndon is my goal for the week. I've already looked at one
    (http://www.qa.com/course/courseOutline.aspx?coursecode=LGJAVSC2) but
    i wondered if this was the kind of thing i should be doing. I want to
    do a course that teaches me the basics but doesn't drag it on for 3
    days. By the 3rd day i wouldn't mind learning something slightly
    intermediate.

    Any ideas?

    Don't worry, if its early morning starts, i doubt i'll be listening to
    everything they have to say!

    Thanks for ur help
    T.

    junior, Oct 13, 2004
  4. junior

    Jim Ley Guest

    On 13 Oct 2004 08:43:03 -0700, (junior)
    wrote:
    > I've already looked at one
    >(http://www.qa.com/course/courseOutline.aspx?coursecode=LGJAVSC2) but
    >i wondered if this was the kind of thing i should be doing.

    This is not a course to take, let's look at the course outline:
    (we'll ignore the basics, you can't really get that wrong, and should
    take moments to teach)

    Let's look at the DHTML section: (probably the most important to
    someone wanting a course IMO)

    This contains useful things like:
    | DHTML with Netscape Layer objects
    and
    | Netscape Event Propagation
    (no mention of DOM Events)

    The course would appear to be around 5 years out of date. Somewhat
    worrying. Maybe I should get into teaching courses, seems like it's
    easy to sell crap.

    Jim.
    Jim Ley, Oct 14, 2004