    applications totally from within VS2003/VS2005. Suggestions?

    Thanks in advance,

    Steve
    sl, Apr 12, 2005

  2. sl

    Verde Guest

    Don't get distracted by the title too much - it's an absolutely fantastic
    book for learning HTML, CSS, and Client-side Web UI development:
    Inside Dreamweaver MX - by Laura Gutman, Patricia J. Ayers and Donald S.
    Booth

    Also, if you're working with VS.NET 2003, you'll almost certainly want to
    use another tool (even Notepad) for your HTML-specific work as there are
    some well-known issues with VS.NET 2003 rewriting your HTML for you in
    rather unpleasant ways. VS.NET 2005 apparently resolves those issues,
    though.

    -HTH

    Verde, Apr 12, 2005

  3. sl

    sl Guest

    Thank you for your reply,
    Steve

    sl, Apr 12, 2005
  4. How about a very specific web site (costs you nothing)?

    http://www.w3.org/

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP
    ..Net Developer
    What You Seek Is What You Get.

    Kevin Spencer, Apr 12, 2005
  5. sl

    steve Guest

    Thanks for your reply. I am aware of w3. I was hoping for a vs2003 ventric
    resource.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    steve, Apr 12, 2005
  6. You DID say you wanted to learn HTML. HTML is not a Microsoft product. The
    W3C makes the recommendations for HTML. Hence, the W3C.Org web site.

    It should be noted that while Visual Studio does offer some small (and
    flaky) support for HTML, you will never learn HTML from Visual Studio.

    Of course, the Microsoft web site has an HTML reference also, but it should
    be noted that a lot of IE-only HTML is specified there. Of course, it is
    noted in the documentation which HTML elements and behaviors are proprietary
    to IE. My point was, if you want your stuff to work in all browsers, you
    should go to the horse's mouth for the info.

    --
    HTH,

    Kevin Spencer
    Microsoft MVP