Recommendation on Performance Monitoring Software

James

Does anyone have a recommendation for free Java software that
monitors CPU and memory usage (by process and total)?

Ideally, I would be able to start and stop it from a Java
application, and I would like to be able also to monitor network
bandwidth. Software that runs standalone on a single Windows PC would
work OK. Monitoring execution time for an application would be a
plus.

I have searched the web and sourceforge.net, but have not found
anything other than too many erroneous hits to wade through. I also
found a lot of old stuff that does not appear to be up to date.

Thanks in advance, Alan