Recommendations for a SWING/Java GUI framework

Discussion in 'Java' started by graham.parsons@reflective.com, Jan 16, 2008.

  1. Guest

    Guys,

    I hope some of you can use your experience to point me in the correct
    direction (after which I am willing to do whatever research is
    necessary!).

    We have a piece of software that is written in Swing and uses an in-
    house framework. In line with lots of projects, we realise we should
    be concentrating on the business requirements as opposed to
    maintaining our own framework.

    We have looked at Eclipse but it seems to be hard to get up to speed
    with, SWT lacks in some places (no flame wars please) and therefore we
    thought about widening our search.

    Ideally we would like these features:

    1) clear separation of GUI from business logic and data
    2) ability to navigate between screens using configuration of some
    sort
    3) ability to have rich user interfaces (trees, drag and drop, context
    sensitive help, etc.)

    Obviously the shopping list is longer but they are the key points.

    Would anyone like to suggest the framework they like and any reasons
    why?

    TIA

    Graham

    , Jan 16, 2008