recommendations for a web CMS (content management system)?

Joe Strout

We need to set up a content management system that allows nontechnical
users to manage the content of their web site. Rather than starting
from scratch, I'd prefer to start with an existing CMS that we can
extend as needed. So, I'd prefer something with nice clean, easy-to-
follow code over something that includes everything but the kitchen
sink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
- Joe

Bruno Desthuilliers

Joe Strout a écrit :
We need to set up a content management system that allows nontechnical
users to manage the content of their web site. Rather than starting
from scratch, I'd prefer to start with an existing CMS that we can
extend as needed. So, I'd prefer something with nice clean,
easy-to-follow code over something that includes everything but the
kitchen sink.

Any suggestions?

You may find something - at least a starting point - in the couple CMS
built with Django...

And by all means avoid Plone - great CMS but certainly falls in your
second category !-)

Diez B. Roggisch

Joe said:
We need to set up a content management system that allows nontechnical
users to manage the content of their web site. Rather than starting
from scratch, I'd prefer to start with an existing CMS that we can
extend as needed. So, I'd prefer something with nice clean, easy-to-
follow code over something that includes everything but the kitchen
sink.

I can recommend ZMS (zms-publishing.com). While being ZOPE-based, it's
custom content object system (fully web-interface-driven design for these,
plus DTML) hasn't left me with the desire to code anything apart from a few
Extension-methods where ZOPE's restricted environment forced me to.

And it is very feature-complete.

Diez