    abstract level...

    Thanks,

    RB
    rbaulbin, Jun 21, 2006

  2. rbaulbin

    James Hutton Guest

    rbaulbin wrote:
    > Hello -
    >
    > Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
    > web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
    > place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
    > worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
    > but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
    > abstract level...
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > RB

    Netobjects fusion (currently version 9) will do that, true wysiwyg
    design. Code is a bit like an explosion in a dictionary factory though.
    Having said that, the sites do work and as a development tool for ideas
    to show clients etc, creating a 50 page site in less than 10 minutes
    with all pages linked, navigation in place and a coherent style
    throughout the site, it is unbeatable.

    Some magazine covermounts are doing full prog giveaways (version 8) or
    try 1&1 hosting, they used to give it away with hosting packages

    HTH

    James
    James Hutton, Jun 22, 2006

  3. James Hutton wrote:

    [Netobjects fusion]
    > Code is a bit like an explosion in a dictionary factory though.

    Heh, that's a good one!

    --
    -bts
    -Warning: I brake for lawn deer
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jun 22, 2006
  4. rbaulbin

    Guest

    James Hutton wrote:
    > rbaulbin wrote:
    > > Hello -
    > >
    > > Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
    > > web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
    > > place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
    > > worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
    > > but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
    > > abstract level...
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > RB
    > >

    > Netobjects fusion (currently version 9) will do that, true wysiwyg
    > design. Code is a bit like an explosion in a dictionary factory though.
    > Having said that, the sites do work and as a development tool for ideas
    > to show clients etc, creating a 50 page site in less than 10 minutes
    > with all pages linked, navigation in place and a coherent style
    > throughout the site, it is unbeatable.
    >
    > Some magazine covermounts are doing full prog giveaways (version 8) or
    > try 1&1 hosting, they used to give it away with hosting packages
    >
    > HTH
    >
    > James

    Thanks ... will check it out.
    , Jun 24, 2006
  5. rbaulbin wrote:
    > Hello -
    >
    > Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
    > web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
    > place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
    > worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
    > but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
    > abstract level...

    Something easier than learning a little HTML and CSS? Hire someone to do
    it for you.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, Jun 24, 2006
  6. Site Spinner at:
    http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/spinner/index.html

    It's dead easy. Drag and drop, ability to do rollovers, drop down menus,
    etc. wysiwyg.

    Lots of help in their forums too.

    HTML it produces isn't pretty or code efficient but that may not matter to
    you. You could always go in afterward and try to clean it up if you want to
    get into hand coding.

    Michael Laplante, Jul 12, 2006