Recommendations for best "hands off" WYSIWYG editor

rbaulbin

Hello -

Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
abstract level...

Thanks,

RB

James Hutton

rbaulbin said:
Hello -

Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
abstract level...

Thanks,

RB
Netobjects fusion (currently version 9) will do that, true wysiwyg
design. Code is a bit like an explosion in a dictionary factory though.
Having said that, the sites do work and as a development tool for ideas
to show clients etc, creating a 50 page site in less than 10 minutes
with all pages linked, navigation in place and a coherent style
throughout the site, it is unbeatable.

Some magazine covermounts are doing full prog giveaways (version 8) or
try 1&1 hosting, they used to give it away with hosting packages

HTH

James

rbaulbin

James said:
Netobjects fusion (currently version 9) will do that, true wysiwyg
design. Code is a bit like an explosion in a dictionary factory though.
Having said that, the sites do work and as a development tool for ideas
to show clients etc, creating a 50 page site in less than 10 minutes
with all pages linked, navigation in place and a coherent style
throughout the site, it is unbeatable.

Some magazine covermounts are doing full prog giveaways (version 8) or
try 1&1 hosting, they used to give it away with hosting packages

HTH

James

Thanks ... will check it out.

Jonathan N. Little

rbaulbin said:
Hello -

Can anyone recommend the best "code free" HTML editor for doing simple
web pages with basic "roll-over"-esque logic? One where you can simply
place images where ever you want them on the page, and not have to
worry about fitting them into tables, etc.? Dreamweaver comes close,
but I'm thinking there's something that operates on an even more
abstract level...

Something easier than learning a little HTML and CSS? Hire someone to do
it for you.

Michael Laplante

Site Spinner at:
http://www.virtualmechanics.com/products/spinner/index.html

It's dead easy. Drag and drop, ability to do rollovers, drop down menus,
etc. wysiwyg.

Lots of help in their forums too.

HTML it produces isn't pretty or code efficient but that may not matter to
you. You could always go in afterward and try to clean it up if you want to
get into hand coding.