Recommendations for Docbook XML transformation with Python?

Tim Churches

These days, what is the best way to transform DocBook XML into HTML,
RTF, PDF and other targets using Python? Googling around the topic
throws up a bewildering array of acronyms, but it seem that using
libxml2, libxslt and the libxml2-python bindings might be the best way
forward??? The latest versions of libxml2 and libxslt compiled without
problems (on a RH Linux 8 machine), but setup (compilation and
installation) of the latest libxml2-python binding fails (with Python
2.3.3). Should I persist, or is there a better direction to take?
--

Tim C

PGP/GnuPG Key 1024D/EAF993D0 available from keyservers everywhere
or at http://members.optushome.com.au/tchur/pubkey.asc
Key fingerprint = 8C22 BF76 33BA B3B5 1D5B EB37 7891 46A9 EAF9 93D0